If you or a loved have been a victim of sexual assault, it can be difficult to know who to turn to for help. The most important thing is that you receive the help and support you need. Below are a number of resources and legal help advice for sexual assault recovery.
Resources for Sexual Assault Recovery in Wisconsin
There are a number of resources for sexual assault recovery in Wisconsin. Your number one priority is to receive the help and support you need, and these resources offer a variety of services that can help you throughout your recovery.
Below are a few resources for support and advocacy services for sexual assault survivors:
Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault (WCASA)
The Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault provides resources for the civil legal needs of sexual assault survivors. Sexual assault impacts all areas of survivors’ lives, and the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault works to provide support services in a number of areas for survivors. Here is a list of their resources:
- Legal Action of Wisconsin – Free legal services for low-income survivors
- Wisconsin Judicare – free legal services for low-income survivors in Northern Wisconsin:
- Lawyer Information and Referral Service – help to find a referral for an attorney
- LOTUS Legal Clinic – LOTUS Legal Clinic empowers survivors of sexual violence and trafficking. We provide direct, comprehensive legal services, advocacy and community education, and we invest in survivors as change agents.
Safety Concern Resources
- Restraining Order for use by Sexual Assault Survivors (WCASA Webinar)
- Restraining Orders in Wisconsin (End Domestic Abuse WI)
- Federal Employment Discrimination Protections for Workers who Experience Sexual Assault or Stalking (WCASA Webinar)
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development – Equal Rights Divisions
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
By Your Side
By Your Side is an organization that provides support for sexual assault survivors in Wisconsin. They work to connect survivors with resources for sexual assault recovery in their local area.
Click here to go to By Your Side’s website to find recovery resources in your area.
Sexual Assault Recovery Program (SARP)
The Sexual Assault Recovery Program “provides services to the survivors (and their family) of all forms of sexual violence, including recent sexual assault, past sexual assault, incest (past or present), and sexual harassment,” as stated on their website. These services are offered for both English and Spanish speakers.
The Sexual Assault Recovery Program has a number of services and support groups, which are listed below:
- Medical and legal advocacy
- Trauma counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Prevention Education training at schools
- Support groups
- Community awareness program
- Case Management
- Restraining Orders
- 24-hour Crisis Hotline
- Court Accompaniment
- Referral Services
- Bilingual Services
- Teen Support Group
- Adult Support Group for Spanish Speakers
- Adult Support Group
- Male Support Groups
All of these resources listed are here to help you. For more information, check out the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault’s website or click any of the links above.
Legal Help for Sexual Assault Recovery
There are a number of legal resources listed above for civic legal needs and advocacy. Hiring an attorney will be helpful for your recovery along with the resources listed above. Your first priority should be your health and safety, and an attorney can help you during this difficult time.
Reporting sexual assault and harassment is difficult and scary. Having an attorney that you trust and who will treat your case with sensitivity and compassion will help make sure your case is handled properly.
The type of legal action that needs to be taken depends on the situation. However, by hiring an attorney at Dahlberg Law Group you will receive expert and compassionate representation. We will fight for you and your rights to help you through your recovery process.
Connect with Dahlberg Law Group for Help with Your Recovery
The attorneys at Dahlberg Law Group have the compassion and expertise to represent you. We will work with you to understand your situation and will help you throughout your recovery process. Connect with us today to set up a consultation.